- Many staff members and older boys were lost to the war;
- Gas was rationed so the Bridge Club hosted their parties in homes instead of on-campus;
- The first Boy Scout Troop was formed on-campus (Troop 55);
- Walt Park drove “The Blue Bus,” transporting young men to and from school and local activities;
- The “Sea Scouts” were formed and took trips on the Delaware River;
- In 1948, The Dining Room Committee held a Conference for Professional Social Workers and Volunteers (“Today’s Volunteers in Tomorrow’s World”).