Bonnie Brae Farm for Boys was founded by Harry V. Osborne, a Judge from Essex County Court. He continually saw young men from destitute circumstances, in need of both care and love, passing through his courtroom and he wanted to create a place for them so they didn’t fall through the cracks of society and fall into delinquency.
The Board of Directors was formed in 1915.
In 1916 Judge Osborne rented a small farm in Livingston, NJ from a Scotsman who named it Bonnie Brae, which means “beautiful hillside.” The original farm was home to 14 boys.
3415 Valley Road, PO Box 825, Liberty Corner, NJ 07938-0825 Directions