Half a Century
- A sixth residence for boys was added and enrollment rose to 100 boys;
- The recreation pavilion was built, Brewster outdoor chapel restored, camp lavatory facilities improved. All funds were donated by Mr. William G. Wright;
- Improvements were made to the Meyer Memorial School and Reeve Schley Rink. The Green Hay Barn burned down;
- The Auxiliary drove fundraising efforts and established the Scholarship Fund, helping its first candidate attend the Indiana Institute of Technology;
- The Director’s Cottage was converted into housing for boys;
- Fred Persiko served as Executive Director and was credited with bringing innovation and harmony to the staff, focusing on the clinical and therapeutic approach to treatment.