Commitment and Changes
- Judge Osborne passed away and his son, Harry Jr. stepped in as President;
- 156 acres of adjoining land were purchased bringing total acreage to 377;
- The Dining Room Committee was reorganized as the Bonnie Brae Auxiliary with the annual Bridge Party and Fashion Show as their major activities. The Matinee Theatre Group was formed in 1956 by Ruth Carey of the Auxiliary;
- A new Administration Building was opened and named in honor of Herbert and Margaret Turrell;
- Metcalf Cottage was built in 1955;
- House mothers were replaced with cottage parent couples;
- An on-grounds academic program was initiated, the first consulting psychiatrist was hired, registered nursing services were offered 24 hours a day and a Treatment Team approach began to take hold.