A Time for Firsts
- First Outward Bound Trip, first Scottish Games, first Tartan Ball, first computer and business courses offered; first ropes course built on campus;
- Osborne Cottage opened when Gould Cottage closed;
- McNally Building opened, named for generous benefactor Bud McNally;
- The Thrift Shoppe opened;
- “Experiential Learning” took hold with cottages travelling to Canada, Virginia Beach and Acadia National Park. Following this the Outward Bound Program became a cornerstone offering with groups hiking the Appalachian Trail.