31st Annual Tartan Ball: What to Expect?
- Venue: The Tartan Ball will be held at The Park Savoy in Florham Park, NJ from 6:30pm-12am. Come hungry and expect an incredible meal! Highland dress or black tie is recommended.
- Entertainment: Come ready to dance! The Henry Boote Orchestra will be performing. In addition, you can look forward to some fun cocktail hour activities: a wine/champagne pull; scotch pull; high end basket auction; scotch bar; and wine & cigar cellar. The spirited Live Auction will be led by Nicholas M. Dawes, VP of Heritage Auctions. Nick began his career in native England in the late 1960s and brings forty years of experience in the antiques and fine art auction business. One of the Live Auction highlights will be beautiful artwork created by Bonnie Brae boys.
- Title Sponsor: The Far Hills Race Meeting Association is our title sponsor for the 31st Annual Tartan Ball. Stay tuned for another blog post that explains our excitement about this sponsorship.
- Theme: We are jumping into the next 100 years. In our first century, Bonnie Brae changed the lives of 10,000 boys and families. As we move into our second century, we will strive to, “Transform more lives of at-risk youth and their families through a nationally recognized model of care.” At the Ball, you can look forward to us unveiling our bold dreams for the future.
- History: The Tartan Ball started over 31 years ago as a fundraising gala loosely based on a Burns Supper. A Burns Supper was the annual celebratory tribute to the life, works, and spirit of the great Scottish poet, Robert Burns. These suppers are held around the world, on or about his birthday, January 25th, and normally include the presentation of the traditional Haggis, a wee dram or two of whisky and a toast or two. Each year, the Ball has a theme which the committee incorporates into all aspects of the event.
- Committee: This year’s committee is chaired by Gail Reitano and Beverly Torsilleri. We also have an Honorary Committee which can be viewed on the Tartan Ball website.